The Terms and Conditions
- Unlimited time access to the online course material;
- You can repeat the lessons/courses as many times as you wish;
- No additional software is required to complete these courses;
- Can be completed on any device- desktop, mobile or tablet.
Full List of MS Excel online course
For a full list of all the available online MS Excel courses, see the All Courses page.
You can also try out our courses for free. Have a look at the Free MS Excel courses available.
Alternatively we have split the courses into the following areas (click to see all the available courses in that category)
- MS Excel Skill Based e.g. Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced Excel
- MS Excel Tools e.g. Pivot tables, PowerQuery, MS Excel Formula etc
- Job Needs e.g. Management reporting, Budget and Forecasting, Excel for HR and Payroll etc
- MS Excel Course bundles i.e. cheaper bundles that put together courses e.g. Beginner to Advanced Excel
How to use these courses
The courses are made up of a series of modules (red arrows below) and lessons (blue arrows). Each module has a common theme and each lesson covers a single concept.
Lessons will have:
- Video clip/s that match the Excel download so that you can follow along and try out what you learn. There is a YouTube version and a onsite version in case you can’t access YouTube.
- Text based instructions with Screenshots.
As shown below you will
- be shown where to go to follow along
- have a video clip
- have text based instructions
We recommend that you do both even if you prefer one of the methods. The key is to try and mimic the steps on the Excel download you receive.
Some other ideas some of the participants have had:
- If you have 2 screens, run the video clip/ read the instructions on one screen while you work on Excel on the other screen.
- If you don’t have 2 screens, use your smartphone to watch the video clip while you try out the steps.
In order to complete a lesson, you need to either complete the quiz (discussed below) or click the Complete Lesson button at the bottom of the page as shown below.
Progress through the lessons
As you progress through the course, on the right you will see a progress bar. This allows you to see:
- which course, module and lesson you are doing
- which lessons have been completed (green tick)
- which lessons still need to be completed.
Where appropriate we have included examples and exercises to cement your knowledge. In all cases for exercises there is:
- A video clip explaining what is required.
- Text instructions explaining the requirements (might be useful to print some of these out).
- The matching Excel sheet for you to try on.
- A solution in the Excel sheet where you can look at the results.
- A video clip that goes through what you should have done to get the correct solution.
Ask Us Questions
As part of the course you are able to ask us question. Where ever you see ‘Contact Course teacher’ as shown below you can send us a message.
If you ask a question try and be specific.
If it is related to one of the spreadsheets, tell us the
- spreadsheet name,
- sheet name, and
- cell reference you are referring to.
Certain lessons can only be completed by passing a MCQ set of questions. These questions are there to see that you have understood the KEY aspects of what you have just learnt.
They are not there to catch you out and if you get them wrong you can re do the questions.
As shown below you will see what you require (‘You require 100% to pass this lesson’s quiz’) and at the bottom there is a button to take the quiz (‘View the lesson quiz’)
When you view the lesson quiz you will see something similar to below. Note that there is
- a question/s,
- possible answers,
- a Complete Quiz button to check if you are right and
- a Reset to take the quiz again.
Once you have completed the entire course, you will be able to print out a certificate showing that you have completed and passed the course. Note that completing a course means going through each lesson and either
- completing the quiz or
- clicking the complete button.
Need more information?
If you have any more questions, please feel free to email us on info@AuditExcel.co.za