High level overview of why you should worry about spreadsheet errors in business and access to the free trial copy of the MS Excel Auditing Add In.
A free course covering auditing an Excel spreadsheet. We cover what is risky in a spreadsheet and where the likely errors are (where to look first if you have limited time).
The teachings are specific to MS Excel and the tools and features in MS Excel. We do recommend that you look at using an Add In to automate finding the risky areas in a spreadsheet.
You can download a free trial copy of ExcelAnalyzer to follow along fully with the course but the lessons will teach you about the risk areas in a spreadsheet even without the Excel Add In.
Using Spreadsheet Best Practice and experience we know where the obvious spreadsheet errors hide. In this module, in order of usefulness, we highlight the tests that will quickly find spreadsheet errors.
- Finding inconsistent and overwritten formula in spreadsheets Free Preview
- Check the external links for obvious spreadsheet errors Free Preview
- Should certain sheets look the same- do they? Free Preview
- Find the formula with hardcoded numbers Free Preview
- Find all the Excel error messages in the spreadsheet Free Preview
- Find errors in pivots, charts, conditional formats and data validation Free Preview
- Other quick wins in finding spreadsheet errors Free Preview
Before you start reviewing every single cell in a spreadsheet, there are some high risk indicators that an Excel function may have a spreadsheet error. These are listed in order of importance and likelihood of being a spreadsheet error.
- Finding the VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP and LOOKUP errors Free Preview
- Finding the SUMIF, COUNTIF, AVERAGEIF errors Free Preview
- Finding the SUMIFS, COUNTIFS, AVERAGEIFS, MAXIFS, MINIFS errors Free Preview
- Finding the IF errors Free Preview
- Finding the SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE errors Free Preview
- Finding the IFERROR, ISERROR, ISERR, ISNA, ISREF, IFNA errors Free Preview
- Finding Unused Input Cells Free Preview
- Finding the SUM errors Free Preview
- Finding the NPV errors Free Preview
- Finding the AVERAGE, MIN and MAX errors Free Preview
- Finding the INDEX errors Free Preview
- Finding complex formula in Excel spreadsheets Free Preview