Time value of money, debt, NPV and IRR in Excel
A mini course that focuses on the time value of money calculations in all its forms in Excel. Included is debt calculations and how to allow for prepayments, ad hoc withdrawals and changes in interest rate. How NPV and IRR work in Excel and the relationship between the two and the debt calculations. These calculations are particularly important for IFRS calculations.
Some basic knowledge that is essential.
- Nominal vs Effective Rates
- Debt Functions in Excel- Same as your Financial Calculator Free Preview
- Calculate the Interest vs Capital portion of debt repayment
- Allow for Ad hoc Withdrawals and Prepayments
- Allow for changes in Interest rates
- EXERCISES: Debt
- NPV and IRR
- Excel NPV functions
- Excel IRR functions
- Multiple Discount rates in NPV?
- Terminal Cash Flow Discounting
- Compound Annual Growth Rates (CAGR) in Excel
- EXERCISES: NPV, IRR and Debt Examples