Time value of money, debt, NPV and IRR in Excel
A mini course that focuses on the time value of money calculations in all its forms in Excel. Included is debt calculations and how to
- allow for pre payments, ad hoc withdrawals and changes in interest rate.
- How NPV and IRR work in Excel and
- the relationship between the two and the debt calculations
Some basic knowledge that is essential.
- Nominal vs Effective Rates
- Debt Functions in Excel- Same as your Financial Calculator Free Preview
- Calculate the Interest vs Capital portion of debt repayment
- Allow for Ad hoc Withdrawals and Prepayments
- Allow for changes in Interest rates
- EXERCISES: Debt
- NPV and IRR
- Excel NPV functions
- Excel IRR functions
- Multiple Discount rates in NPV?
- Terminal Cash Flow Discounting
- Compound Annual Growth Rates (CAGR) in Excel
- EXERCISES: NPV, IRR and Debt Examples