Date Examples 1
DATE Ex 5
We need to determine how long our employees have worked for us in Days, Months and Years
- In D7 column work out the number days worked by the employee using D5 as the report date and C column as the employment start date. This should just be a arithmetic calculation
- In E7 column calculate the number of years worked by dividing the days of service in column D by 365
- In column G, use the DATEDIF formula to work out the number of months
- In column H, use the DATEDIF formula to work out the number of years.
DATE Ex 6
Have a look at the formula for the start of month. Figure out why it works.
Using the blue reference cell, create the following in the appropriate yellow cells:
- End of Month (last day of the month)
- Number of days in the month
- Number of Net Working days in the month
- The % of networking days to days in the month
- The networking days assuming that Friday and Saturday are the weekend (only possible in Excel 2010 and above).
DATE Ex 7
The date in column B contains a 1 in front of the date i.e. 1130605 should be 2013/06/05. You need to create a new column that turns this into a valid date. In E5 to I160 use formula to turn this into a proper Excel date.
To see the full course contents click here.